- Underfloor heating
- Fully insulated
- Four daily walks
- Additional hourly walks in nearby woods
- Spacious outdoor runs adjoining each kennel
- Day care facility available
- Meals twice a day
- Medical needs catered for on request
Separate exercise runs
Group play sessions
Plenty of TLC
Since September 2011 we have been working very hard here at Acorn to modernise all 27 of our kennels, runs and exercise areas.
We have installed a brand new, fully insulated roof throughout the premises and every kennel now boasts the luxury of underfloor heating. Additionally, a perimeter fence has been erected, ensuring complete security for your dog(s) whilst in our care.
Every kennel has their own outside run attached allowing the freedom to be inside or outside when they choose apart from when our cleaning routine is taking place twice a day.
Each kennel has a bed with bedding and toys provided. However, if you feel that you would like to bring items from your own home to help your dog(s) settle in, then you are more than welcome to do so, within reason. We cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage whilst in our possession. Please note that we do not accept bones or rawhide toys as they may prove to be a choking hazard. We would also be grateful if any choke chain style collars are removed and taken home with you after you have checked your dog(s) in.
Here at Acorn we are lucky enough to be situated on 6 acres of land. Health permitting, we do insist that your dog is walked four times a day on leads (or off lead with your permission) within our premises. (Please see our webpage showing the aerial view of the premises in order to see the walk route). All four walks are included in the daily boarding rate. In addition to the four walks, you can opt to have your dog(s) taken on a one hour walk outside of our premises, but again on leads. These additional walks are charged at £7.00 per dog per hour.
Aside from the walks that we offer, we also have two large, fenced exercise runs where we can engage in supervised group play, ball play and we even have agility equipment too!
Exercise is an absolute must whilst boarding in kennels to alleviate boredom and stereotypical behaviour common to dogs in such situations. The health and well being of your dog(s) is paramount to our ethos.
We feed twice each day as recommended by our vet on high quality dry food and / or tinned food which is included in the boarding rate. However, if your dog requires a specialised diet, or you would prefer to bring in your own food, you are more than welcome to do so.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION – PLEASE READ:
▪ All dogs must be up to date with their annual vaccinations and must provide the certificate from their vet on the day of arrival.
▪ All dogs must have been administered with the Kennel Cough vaccine at least 7 days prior to boarding and, again, we must see the veterinary certificate on the day of arrival▪ For the comfort of your own dog(s,) and for the respect of others, we also recommend that your pet is treated for flea and worm prevention prior to boarding.